Registration for the 2020-2021 Penfield Rangers Travel Soccer season is now open! We are planning for a complete season beginning with indoor training the weekend of November 7, 2020 and ending the weekend of April 24, 2021. At that point we will continue training outside and begin the RDYSL/tournament season running through the end of July/early August.
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made changes to our team selection process. Please take note of the following:
- There will be no tryouts for the Penfield Rangers Soccer Club this season.
- Teams with too many or too few players will be managed on a case-by-case basis.
- All new players to the Penfield Rangers will be rostered to their respective age group and the evaluation/team placement process will take place during the first month of indoor training if the roster permits.
- Some age groups have more than one team, in the event there are roster openings on the Blue (A) team at a particular age group there will be opportunities for those players who wish to try out for the Blue team to do so. In those circumstances where a current White team member or a new player wishes to tryout for the Blue team, an evaluation period will be held during the first two weeks of indoor practice.
- If your child wishes to be evaluated for a potential spot on the Blue team, after registering, please email email@example.com with your son’s current team and the team he wishes to be evaluated for.
- Our goal is to place all registered players on a team, however we are unable to guarantee this due to roster size limitations set by RDYSL.
- Registration fees will remain $475.
- Payment in full (or other arrangements) must be made by October 24, 2020
- In order to participate in our indoor training, your past and current registration fees must be paid in full. If you need to make other arrangements regarding the registration fees please contact Peter Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The safety and wellness of our players and coaches is our main concern and as such will adhere to all guidelines and policies established by health officials, state and local governments and Turin. Since social distancing requirements and potential limits on larger gatherings may continue into November and beyond, the club has put together multiple contingency plans to mitigate overall financial risk to the club and all members.
In the event we must reduce the number of players and coaches allowed inside Turin for training sessions:
- The Penfield Rangers Soccer Club (PRSC) will develop a strategy that adheres to the guidelines outlined for us by the appropriate authorities.
- PRSC will maintain a month by month approach to reduced field time.
In the event indoor training is not allowed on November 7th or any time throughout the indoor season:
- PRSC will not hold training sessions at Turin.
- PRSC will maintain a month by month approach to the field closure.
- We will keep you informed of our return to play status with the expectation of getting on the turf for indoor training at some point before April 2021.
As most of you are aware the Penfield Rangers operate as a non-profit organization run by volunteers – we do not make money. The vast majority of our costs are fixed costs that cover indoor practice facility rental, goalie coaching, training of coaches, league fees and funds provided to teams for tournaments/additional training. However, if indoor training or the season is altered due to COVID-19, the club will refund any unused funds back to member families.
Please click here to register.